Insurance Council of Australia - Building Resilience Rating Tool
BRRT 2.0 Beta Release Terms & Conditions
5 September 2013
Users of the beta tool accept that:
- This beta version of Building Resilience Rating Tool (BRRT) has been released in order to attract expert technical comment and input, required in order to improve the tool for subsequent public consumption at the end of the BRRT 2 development phase.
- Participation in the beta trial is voluntary and approved on the basis that as a registered user of the beta tool the User will endeavour to provide constructive feedback in the interests of improving the community benefit able to be derived from the tool.
- This beta version of the tool should not be used for decision-making regarding underwriting or any other financial decisions normally associated with the provision of insurance services.
- Hazard data portrayed in the tool is critically dependant upon complex and often impenetrable IP and custodian arrangements, including data normally licensed by the insurance industry for other purposes. The hazard data portrayed in this beta version of the tool is a best effort within the context of the restrictions placed upon hazard data by owners and agencies and should not be taken, in this version of the tool, as authoritative in any way.
- Building material performance data is an essential data input to the accuracy of building ratings. Users acknowledge that the building material resilience ratings that are contained in the reference dataset (Building Resilience Knowledge Database) are under continual improvement and subject to significant modification as accurate performance data is provided by stakeholders over time and testing methodologies formalised.
- The User acknowledges that the beta tool will not be, resold, altered, decompiled, disassembled, or otherwise disposed of.
- The User acknowledges that the beta tool is not to be used for any purpose other than in direct relation to the designated project.
- There are IP restrictions around this tool, including copyrights for the tool design, inputs, calculation; if you want further information contact email@example.com .
- The User acknowledges that the tool is in development and subject to change over time and that changes may be impending on the date the licence is issued.
- The User must rely on its own examination, skill, and expertise in determining whether the data is accurate, suitable, or safe for a particular application.
- The User acknowledges that the ICA does not warrant that the tool does not contain errors and that the ICA shall be in no way liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by the User or any other person or corporation consequent upon the existence of errors in the tool or its underlying data.
- The User shall use all reasonable efforts to protect the tool from unauthorised use, reproduction, distribution, or publication.
- Access to the beta version of BRRT 2.0 shall be immediately terminated if the User commits, or is perceived to commit, or allows to be committed a breach of any of the provisions of these terms and conditions.